Saturday mornings at 10am by request.
Naperville Whole Foods on 75th Street. Gathering location will be e-mailed to you upon payment, but plan to arrive just before 10am so that we can start promptly.
Understand the differences in the products available at Whole Foods vs. conventional foods stores and the pros and cons of those differences. You will learn:
- Differences between organic and conventional; and why their costs differ
- What GMOs are, what hybrids are, and what the controversy is about
- Whole Foods standards for meats and pastries
- Differences in how fish and meat are raised
- Understand what is meant by “local” products and why they are preferred
- The variety of dairy products and alternatives available
- What “unbleached” and “unbromated” mean when it comes to bread
- What’s in all those clear bins and why would you eat them?
- What’s an ANDI score and why does it matter?
All of these questions and more are answered on our tour.
Can be tailored to help identify products for special diets based on participants. E-mail to register and be sure to include contact information so we can confirm that the tour will take place (confirmation is made by Wednesday evening before the Saturday tour)..
Approximately 60-90 minutes
Cost to find out what all the fuss is about and how it may positively impact your health: $20/person (3 person min. required to run the tour)